Update: Free-to-Fly Ships, Bug Fixes and Features
Moon Breakers, it’s update time.
Today we have an epic smorgasbord of features and fixes. Here are the details:
- Free Ship Rotation
- Here’s what we’re going to try and see what pilots think; every week we’ll offer a selection of non-free ships as “Free to Fly”. We’ll change up the roster every Wednesday
- One “Prestige” ship like the Merlin or Panther will be made available to fly free for one day every week (Saturday for now)
- You WILL be able to upgrade these ships but only to Level 4 — you need to unlock the ship to upgrade it fully
- Bug and Stability Fixes
- We think we have fixed the issue where some players were not seeing the correct amount of Cred until they reconnected or restarted the game
- We also think we’ve fixed an issue where some p[layers were crashing when trying to purchase He-3
- Controls and Settings
- Y-Axis inversion has been added as a toggle option in the Controls screen under Options
- Colour Shift has been added as a toggle option to change target markers to more colour-blind friendly hues
- HUD and UI
- New Comms function: Enter brings up team-only text bar, Shift+Enter will bring up global chat
- Comms now appears on the left of the screen, game/system messages appear on the right
- New target system: ship you last damaged displays as White and the ship that last hit you shows up as Yellow (until overridden or destroyed)
- There is now a Bounty notification at the top of the screen when you have enough kills to be a High Value Target
- Ship trail colours now match target markers: green for friendlies and red for hostiles (blue/yellow for colour blind option)
- Target markers fade the further away radar targets are (not for carriers or flag markers)
- Smoke trails now get longer the more damaged a ship is
- Scoreboard has been expanded to include longer names (Steam supports max 32 characters)
- Capture the Flag
- Flags colours have now been changed – Green the flag you need to capture, Red is your flag you need to return
- Your red flag will only appear in the HUD when it has been taken by the enemy
- The green ring will show where you need to go, both to collect the flag and then where to return it
- Help screens have been updated to this effect
- Carrier Assault
- The Cred reward for torpedo hits has been changed; the bomber pilot now get’s 50% less but the whole team gets the other 50%. So bomber pilots will still see the same Cred reward bu the team will get a share with every successful nuke that lands.
- We have added a “Log in with Steam” button to the webpage
Some of you have been asking about the Destroyer we showed yesterday. It’s in progress and we hope to get it in by the next update. Destroyers won’t be pilotable (yet) but will make up a larger fleet around the Carrier for now providing a defence layer against bombers and fighters. We’ll post some intelligence shots when we have them.
As always, let us know what you think and if you encounter any issues.